Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Two More Recipes

Here are Oreo Truffles from Monica. this is how Monica gave it to Faith. May I just say FABULOUS


1 package Oreos (last year I used double stuffed and they better)
1 8 oz cream cheese,softened
approx 8 blocks almond bark
smash Oreos,
use mixer to mix with cream cheese
use mini scooper to scoop balls onto wax paper lined cookie sheet, then shape into smoother balls. Freeze about 45 minutes, stick with toothpick and dip into melted almond bark. DO NOT dry on wire rack. That's what I did last night, but they dried and stuck to the wire, then cracked when removed. Place on wax paper to dry. I sprinkled each truffle after dipping because they dry pretty quick. another variation is melt white chocchips or almond bark and drizzle little lines then use sprinkles, or dont'use sprinkles or dip into white first...after you dip and place on wax paper, you have to get more choc on toothpickto cover area where it was sticking in. Later some oreo oozes out where thetoothpick was stuck. I know it sounds wierd but just wipe away. Have fun!!!

Sweet Potato Dumplings from Tina - these are amazing

Sweet Potato patties in the frozen food section
Crescent Rolls
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 c of sugar
vanilla
Topping 1 c sugar mixed with cinnamon

cut the sweet potatoes in half and place one in each crescent roll. Fill up a 13 x 9 pan. Melt the butter and sugar and pour over the top of them. Mix 1 cup sugar with cinnamon- like you would put on your cinnamon/sugar toast. I didn't use the whole cup.

bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until brown

I cut them in fourths and cut the crescent rolls in half and made them bite size

1 comment:

Reagan said...

Hey Ellen! I got found your blog from your Christmas card. How fun! I must say we love, love, love these oreo balls! We've made like 10 batches already this month to give away as gifts (and eat, of course!)
Reagan McNeil

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails