Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Books Books Books

I just realized that I haven't written any book reviews for 2011 yet! So here we go...

Fly Away Home by Jennifer Wiener

The story of what happens to the family of a senator when he has an affair. It has some of the funniest lines to help cope with the heavy topic. I plan to find more by this author. I enjoyed this book.

The Young Clementina by D E Stevenson

Could be my new favorite D E Stevenson book. Such wonderful descriptions and a great story.

Things We Once Held Dear by Ann Tatlock

A widower goes to his childhood home after his wife's death and finds healing. Great story.

Hurricanes in Paradise by Denise Hildreth

I like and have enjoyed all of this author's books and this was no exception. This is about four women whose lives become intertwined and how they help each other. Really good.

I'll Watch the Moon by Ann Tatlock

This book has one of the best stories about forgiveness and what keeping that in front of you does for your outlook on life. Really good.

The Sunday Wife by Cassandra King

The story of a pastor's wife. This book made me ever so thankful for a husband that hears and listens to me. Good book- made me ponder.

The Musgraves by D E Stevenson

Very good.

Rosabelle Shaw by D E Stevenson

Very good.

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

I have enjoyed all the books by this author, I was not disappointed with this one!

The Two Mrs Abbots by D E Stevenson

I met up with some characters from an earlier book and was pleased to catch up on their lives! Very good.

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

A mystery which normally I don't enjoy but this was an exception. I have the second one on my stack of TBRs

The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander

I LOVED this book. I learned so much. Did you know that Tsarina Alexandra of Russia was Queen Victoria's granddaughter? I did not. I started this book and then got online to bone up on my European history. This author did his homework. Lots of twists and turns and a good ending!

off to take a nap after Royal Wedding watching....

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Thanks for coming by my book blog and leaving such a nice comment. It's nice to "meet" you!

I looooved "The Kitchen Boy". Such a great read.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails