Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Books Books Books!

It is past time for a book post and I am sorry.  I am getting over a bout with pink eye- how at 53 do you get pink eye?  Believe you me, I have the cleanest hands on the face of the earth and will continue to do so.  Reading helped distract me from the terrible itching.  I am better today but may still wear my dark shades when I am out so I don't creep you out!  On to books...


The Sweetest Thing by Elizabeth Musser.  I love this author and this book did not disappoint me.  It is set in Atlanta around the Great Depression. I was hooked from the beginning.  There is romance, mystery, friendship and loyalty.  It is a great one!

In a Heartbeat:Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving by Leigh Anne Tuohy.  This book was written by the mother of the family that took in Michael Oher of Blindside fame.  It is a happy book.  It is a quick read and you will be encouraged.  My favorite part was the retelling of Michael's 21 birthday party.  He wanted to ride some roller coasters so they flew to Ohio to a park that has 17 different coasters.  He brought some friends.  They had never flown on a small plane before and Leigh Anne had her hands full getting them onto the plane.  I don't want to spoil it for you what happened next, so get it and read it.

Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand.  This book got rave reviews in USAToday so I checked it out of the library.  The main character's husband is arrested for stealing millions through a ponzi scheme.  She is also under investigation.  It was well written.  It was set in Nantucket and I could feel the salty air on my face as the author described it.  I plan to read more by this author.

Man in Rockefeller Suit by Mark Seal.  This in non-fiction.  The man is in prison today for pretending to be a Rockefeller.  Is he guilty?  I read about this book in the Wall Street Journal and was intrigued.  It somewhat creeped me out.  You may love it, I didn't.

The Remarkable Rough Riding Life of Theodore Roosevelt by Cheryl Harness.  This is a juvenile book and it is a great one.  It is a quick read and my favorite is at the bottom of every page is the horizontal history that was going on around the world during TR lifetime.  I am toying with adding this one to my Christmas list.  TR is my favorite president.


The Trailblazing Life of Daniel Boone by Cheryl Harness.  Written like the book above with the horizontal history at the bottom of each page.  I learned a lot while reading this book- Did you know that Jane Austin wrote Pride and Prejudice during Daniel's life time?

Gone with a Handsomer Man by Michael Lee West.  Kaitlin picked this book up at the library for me based on the cover.  I enjoyed it.  Mystery, romance and the end is set up for a sequel that I'll be looking for.

Request these from the library and I'll be back tomorrow with a few more!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails