Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, October 4, 2007

October

I love October. I love the color orange and this month with the pumkins and fall leaves ( up north for now) I see lots of it.

October is the month of my precious mama's birthday. Since my mama died I celebrate her birthday by buying me something. This makes complete sense to me but not to Carl. It makes me not dread the day so much. Her birthday is easier as the years go by. This year her birhtday is on a Sunday and a busy one at that. Last night at church my dear friend, Renee, who I tried to take out on her birthday but it didn't happen, said, " Ellen, Let's go out Monday for lunch and celebrate Addie Lou" Even as I type this I am warmed inside. What a precious thought. I think this may be a start to a new tradition. Thanks Renee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a loving thought, to commemorate your mother's birthday by still buying a gift!

renee r said...

I am looking forward to celebrating Addie Lou with you. As I have said before, she has touched and continues to touch many lives. Like a pebble tossed into the water, the ripples from that pebble continue on. Your mother's life lives on in her children and grandchildren. What a blessing to us all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails