Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sweet Tea

I love helping in the kitchen on Wednesdays at church. It is like a ballet as we work because we have our own moves that when all done in the right sequence produce a dance called supper. Some days the dance is pretty simple and routine and others it is a comedy and we are amazed it all falls into place.

With the injury to my spine my dancing has become limited. I must rest, observe and cheer on from a nearby stool. My fellow dancers have very graciously picked up what I now cannot do and others quickly come to help when needed.

One dance move that I have mastered is making sweet tea. I don't know who taught my mama how to make it, maybe her mama but mama taught me. I love sweet tea. I drink it all year. I have told my recipe to the kitchen crew several times but when they make the tea, people seem to know and don't drink as much. They have watched me make it, they have even called me when I was on vacation to make sure how to make it and still folks ask if I've made it before they get any to know if they will drink it or not. Now they won't go even think of making it if I am present.

I just laugh and enjoy this dance I can do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails