Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An unwanted guest, a champion and new windows

In my den I have 6 large windows. They provide a beautiful view for my family. One window is all frosted up because the seal is broken but it is just one window and I have 5 others to look out. I have noticed that some of the windows have a gap at the top. No big deal, it is just a slight gap and I just feel a slight breeze.

On Friday, Kaitlin and I were home and she noticed that one window had shifted such that we could see very clearly it was open to the outside. No problem, we can just stuff some paper in the gap. We got paper and Kaitlin was going to stuff it in the gap and as she was stuffing.....the paper moved. A Lizard family had seen what a good time we had on the inside and they wanted to join us. I am surprised that with all the screaming we did the Lizards didn't die from heart attacks. After we calmed down just a bit we realized that only one lizard was in the house. That was one too many for us. What do we do now? Neither one of us is going near it. Call Papa. Our Champion! I would love to say he raced home but I know Carl all too well. He very carefully packed up his computer and things, told the folks in the office that his girls at home had found a beast in the house and he must ride off to save us. We only called him once to find out what was taking him so long. He just laughed and told us where he was on his journey. He found the unwanted guest on another window, caught it and sent it on it's way outside and calmly stuffed paper in the gap.

We have had two estimates on new den windows and the third should be here at 9 this morning. They have all walked in and see the frosted window and said " Wow, you have a problem with not seeing the outside. " "No ", I say, " I have a problem with seeing too well the outside"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails