Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, February 8, 2008

Being a Mama

Some days I wonder about my job description. I think after having been a mama and then a homeschool mama and now I'm back to being mama again makes me wonder. I have on my hands something new. Time. Should I get a part time job? I mean I have grown children at home and they pretty much take care of themselves. (Ok, except the part about knowing that clothes go IN the walk-in closet not on the floor becoming the walk-on closet and now that I can't bend over I just shut the door) I don't always cook supper because often because of schedules I am home alone. So what's a mama to do? I am reading more, scrapbooking more and even blogging. Just when I was pondering what I should be doing God sent me last Wednesday.

I got all my folks to work and school, stopped by the church to drop my chicken off for the meal that night, went to Physical Therapy and was walking in to eat lunch with KimT before we headed to the church to cook and my phone rang... It was Corrie. She is a friend of my from church. She is a part of the College and Career group that Carl and I are a part of. She is living here and working at her first job. She is in marketing and her territory is the whole state. She had had a car wreck. She had rear ended another vehicle and she was being transported to the hospital. Her vehicle was totaled. She was in tears and wanted to know if she could call me when she was finished at the ER and could I take her home. I told her I would meet her in the ER now.

I beat her to the ER and was asking if she had already been taken back when her ambulance arrived. Bless her heart. Her air bag had deployed and burned her inner forearms plus her neck and chest hurt ,in addition to, just being in a wreck. She let me comfort her. I hugged on her when she was cold and held her hand when she got a tetanus shot. We laughed about the handsome ER doctor and thanked God that he so gently examined her arms. I could tell her that the EKG they wanted to run would not hurt and we shuddered together as we heard the patient 3 beds down cough.

She got to the ER at 12pm and we left at 4pm. She had regained her composure when we left but knew she needed to call home. As soon as she heard her mama's voice she cried and so did I and so did her mama. Her sweet mama wanted to reach through that phone and bring comfort to that precious baby who was hurting in body and in spirit. I talked to her mama and said that Corrie was fine, shaken up , but fine and answered a few of her questions. She thanked me and we both cried again. "It was my pleasure" I said. I really meant that.

So I am back to being a mama with time on her hands and I am so glad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the dearest thing I have read in months. I love you, Ellen, and I'm glad for every memory I have of you being there for me!

fgpuckett said...

That's a wonderful story!

Kim Tramel said...

Put this one in your book

BubblesandMoney said...

Thank you ladies for your encouraging comments

Annie said...

Hi Ellen, I love this story. It makes me think of my mom. You know, I am a grown woman with 4 children and I still benefit from her being a stay at home mom, and so do her grandchildren. Stay available Ellen, we all need you! Love, Annie

Anonymous said...

The best place for freelance projects is freelancing sites. Freelancing sites are the best option for part time home based business and freelance jobs. There are many types of work available at freelancing sites


www.onlineuniversalwork.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails