Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, February 29, 2008

A sweet memory from my mama

The following is a poem I found among my mama's things. Kaitlin loves it and has it now on a canvas. I thought you would enjoy it. I don't know if it has a name or who wrote it.

It seems wherever I go, people come
Into my life or go out of it.
Touching me where I can feel them
Leaving me only a memory.
Like the gossamer fairytales of children,
Easily forgotten, and I wasn't through knowing them.

How do I know? Whom am I seeing for the last time?
How do you halt your lives and gather those around
you that you've ever known?
And how do you keep fairy tales from losing their
magic?

So come brush against the walls of my life.
And stay long enough for us to know each other.
Even thought we know I will want you back when you've
gone.
But come anyway
For fairy tales are the happiest stories we know.
And great books are made of little chapters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crying. That was incredible. THANK YOU for sharing it.

BubblesandMoney said...

I feel this way about our friendship. We were not together long enough. I am thankful for all the days you drove down with your boys so the children could play and we could visit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails