Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not out of a bottle

When I was born my hair was very dark then it went blond and then light brown. Now who knows what color it is. I would say gray. Kaitlin says blond. Once when I was getting a perm and there were several women in the hair dresser's room in different stages of dye, perm etc, a lady asked Kristi to dye her hair the same color that Kristi had dyed mine! Kristi and I both laughed and she said that I don't have any dye on my hair. The woman couldn't believe it.

I have been in the bathroom at church and had women come up to me and ask what rinse I use on my hair. At first I didn't know what they were asking so I said that I use what every shampoo is near me when I wash my hair. What RINSE they asked again? Then I clued in and said that it was all natural. They were stunned.

So I should be used to it right....

I am standing in line at Walmart. My mind is on the person with the wild shoes in front of me and then on what is for supper and then...I felt something in the back of my hair. I stand still as the hair stood up on the back of my neck. What is it??? I feel it again. I slowly turn around. Now I am stunned. Two women, impeccable dressed, not a hair out of place are running their hands through my hair. They don't seem to think anything unusual about this. " Your hair is beautiful, what color do you use on it?" they say. Now I am not James Bond or Lara Croft yet so I don't respond quickly to strange situations. It may have only been 30 seconds but it seemed like 5 minutes till my mouth worked. I stamered out "God". "Excuse me" they say. "God did it and I don't put anything on my hair" ( I know that was a dumb thing to say but I mean really what do you say as strange people are running their hands throught your hair) They look at me a minute and say " How strange" Now I thinking ...How strange...How strange...what do they think is strange my hair, my response, or their nerve.

I'm thinking about wearing a hat when I go out, no , I should get a wig and if anyone asks me about my hair, I'll pull the wig off. That would shock them!!!!!!

3 comments:

RiLes said...

Ok, now you HAVE to post a picture of your hair :) I mean, to completely possess two grown women to run their fingers through a complete stranger's hair...that must be one amazing head of hair!! :)

BubblesandMoney said...

what can I say?

Annie said...

Hysterical! I could picture the whole thing in my head. I could particularly imagine the look on your face as you turn around to see who is touching your hair. I love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails