Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Dog Show Part II

We had 15 people over for our Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show party. Don and Betty brought spaghetti and meatballs and coleslaw. Elizabeth couldn't be here but she sent her garlic toast. Sandy sent her yummy rice crispy with peanut butter and chocolate dessert. Susan Burke brought a cake, brownies and a box of candy, KimT brought a vegie tray and Clare brought bread with melted cheese and ice from Sonic. Yum Yum.

We had our plates filled and were ready by show time at 7. Bryan and Susan went to the dog show last year and Susan was wearing her 'Dogs Rule' shirt.

I was wrong in my last dog blog about the dumbest dog. It is the Basenji. I thought the judge for the working group went to sleep as she stood there judging. She was moving very slowly when she was moving. Don thought she would pick the Boxer. Up to that point he had picked all the dogs that went on to Best of Show. He didn't pick the winner this year, he said it was too close.


I should have written down all the witty things that were said during the show but alas maybe next year. If fact come over next year and join us! We do have fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mama,

You'd like Andrew Peterson's latest blog. The one from Feb. 16th.

It is about Streams across our path.

love you

Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen, I was watching the dog show with intense interest. I've had friends over to watch the show in the past, but I'm so obsessed about being able to hear everything and not miss anything that I'm not the best hostess on those nights if all the guests aren't really into the competition. (i.e. some Super Bowl parties) Know what I mean? :) I wish I could watch it with a handler/breeder like you guys. What a treat that would be! I've only picked the winner one year, when an incredible German Shorthair Pointer won. The rest of the years, I just like what I like. I want to bring home one of every breed once that show is over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails