Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, February 8, 2008

Do you have a new song?

Bible Study on Thursday was fantastic. I was not able to do my lesson but went to hear the observations of my fellow soujourners. This study is set up a little different from Kathleen's Proverbs study. She begins each lesson with the Psalm you are to discuss. You are exhorted to read it throught several times including some 'out loud'. She then wants five observations. She has the lesson broken down into days . Some days have 5 questions and some only 2. The last day we are to reread the psalm again. I like that she has the Psalm written out for me. I can mark in my book the words or phrases that jump out at me or the thoughts that are mentioned several times.

This week we studied Psalm 33. Here are some thoughts from the study: In verse 3, Sing to him a new song- this phrase 'new song' is mentioned several times in scripture. Our teacher said that her interpretation of this was that we should see new things that God has done for us daily. Yes, we can harken back to what He has done for us in the past but we need 24 hour freshness of the newness that God is doing in our lives. We should have lots of 'new songs' to sing to Him.

In verse 6 He uses the breath of His mouth to make the host of heaven. What power He has that even His breath can create things. I can picture this from reading The Narnia books as Aslan created the world.

Verse 7 speaks of Him gathering the water. Who can even hold water and God can gather it

In verse 13 He sees all the children of man but in verse 18 His eye is on those who fear Him. We talked about how when your children are on a playground you see the whole group but your eye is on your own.

In verse 11 The counsel of the LORD stands forever but in verse 10 the LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing. In this election season, it is great to be reminded of these great truths.

It was a wonderful study. I felt renewed.

1 comment:

fgpuckett said...

Thanks! I hadn't read Psalm 33 ever in full. It's a lovely Psalm, and so reassuring and hopeful!

And... no, I don't have a new song, but I need to get one before the rat race of life runs me over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails