Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

There must be a microphone in that seat

I have been driving a mini van since 1990. I remember the little pontiac station wagon I drove before the mini van. The children all sat in the back, side by side by side. Too close for me. The hitting and poking got to me but the comment that put me over the edge was " Mama, she is looking out my window !". It is a wonder I have any hair left in my head.

The day we got our mini van all the children got into the way back seat so they could sit side by side by side. No way I said! One in the front, one in the middle and one in the back. They didn't not understand.

Fast froward to now. Usually when I run errands it is just me in the van. Sometimes I have Kaitlin and, or Marisa and sometimes even Carl. On the weekends when John is home and we are all together, someone has to ride in the way back seat in the van- the third seat. This past weekend it was John usually it is Kaitlin. I guess I need to ride back there to get the true experience but I realized that J and K respond the same way when they are back there.

You know how someone talks when they have on earphones and you don't. THEY TALK REAL LOUD. When you ride in the way back seat something happens to the loudness factor in your voice because your voice gets REALLY LOUD. Something also happens to your hearing. One must have the feeling that no one in the van is paying attention to you because they both said things several times even if we respond. They can't hear us they say. Then they have the feeling that since no one is paying attention to them why not put on a one act play or sing a solo. Now we can hear them just fine, in fact, better than fine so when the singing starts or the solilquy begins we all get quite but they don't know it yet. We laughed so hard on Sunday at John. When he realized what was happening his response was the classic " What?" Then he got into his new found audience. It was great fun. Get more material for this weekend John, you're in the way back again, by popular demand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Anonymous said...

i think that he enjoyed the audience! john...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails