Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Carl, Get Me The Gun, Please

There was a song a few years ago that had a line in it that said " I'm like a bird, I don't know where my home is..." Kaitlin would walk around the house singing that song especially that line from the song. When said bird (keep reading) appeared Kaitlin calls its 'her bird'

We live out in the country. We have deer, roadrunners, raccoons, snakes, scorpions usually in the yard sometimes in the house ( not all of the above in the house just the scorpions so far but there have been lizards and tarantulas) anyhoo

About this time a year this certain bird family comes to call. I thought they were the Bob-White family until a guy Kaitlin was dating told us, in no uncertain terms, that it was the call of the Whippoorwill. I stand corrected.

When you look whippoorwill up in the dictionary here is what you read: a noctural ( just as you are getting to sleep) nightjar of cheifly No. America with a loud, repeating( that should read LOUD and I mean REALLY LOUD repeating over and over and over, you get the idea) call suggestive of its name.

Well, I believe that our said whippoorwill has it in for me. We will all be in the den of an evening and we will hear its faint call and Kaitlin will say "I hear my bird" and we will enjoy the faint sound of the song and then go about our business. Notice the word faint. Well, said bird is just waiting on me to go to bed and then I promise it jumps up on my deck (now I have never seen this happen yet but I will snap a picture when it does) just outside my bedroom and puts its little bird lips on the glass and changes its song to ARE YOU AWAKE, ARE YOU AWAKE, ARE YOU AWAKE until I am ready to get the gun and shoot the stupid bird. I hope it is not protected in some way by law so that I have to go to the pokey because of this stupid bird. The bird doesn't bother Carl or anybody else in family for that matter. What should I imply from this?

Because of the construction in our bathroom, Carl and I have moved down to John's room for the duration. I slept so well last night. Said bird doesn't know I've moved bedrooms yet. As I fell asleep last night I could hear the faint call...it was up on my deck, I'm sure, with its little bird lips probably using a little bird megaphone and I wasn't even there to be anoyed. I'll let you know if it finds me. I'll post of picture of it on my deck when I get one. If you want to hear said bird come over some evening, maybe you could even take said bird home with you!!!

4 comments:

fgpuckett said...

I hope the bird doesn't know about your blog, read it and discover where you're sleeping!

Anonymous said...

great writing! funny story! glad you've escaped the bird....for now!

BubblesandMoney said...

Frances, If that bird knows about my blog and reads it, I'll let him write a blog!

Anonymous said...

OK, my computer has had issues for about a week so I'm just now catching up on your blog. I am laughing so hard as I picture some poor whipporwill with his "bird lips" pressed up against your window. Girl, where do you get that mind????? And, in your defense, when we spent a summer at that camp on the Mississippi River in '96, we had SEVERAL whipporwills and they always started about 9 p.m. Leeanna was just a year old, not sleeping well, and I could have done worse things to that loud bird than just shoot it in my state of animal exhaustion. You have my sympathies Darlin'.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails