Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A guest blogger, my friend, Hazel






A week ago today we put our 14 _ year old cat, Oxford, to sleep, may he rest in peace, wherever it is animals go to rest. He’d been sick for about six weeks. Since he was a family member, it was a struggle to come to a consensus about how to care for him, what money to spend on diagnosis and treatment, and whether to “let nature take its course” or “put him out of his misery.”





My chaplain husband said in one survey, if given a choice, most folks prefer to have warning of a loved one’s death rather than it happening suddenly. I see the wisdom of that – even in the case of our kitty cat.
Now here’s where God’s ways (Isaiah 55:8.9) amaze me and prove to me once again (though He owes me no proof) that He is intimately acquainted with me (Psalm 139:3) and His love for me knows no bounds (Ephesians 3:19)! Around the same time that Oxy got sick, a beautiful bird’s nest appeared overnight in the wreath hanging in our carport window. I was very encouraged by seeing new life, even as I knew Oxford was surely dying. And doubly encouraged that it was a bird’s new life since Christ said: “Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?” (Matthew 6:26).
After several weeks of building, Mrs. Robin began to sit on the nest, then stunningly blue eggs appeared. First one and then eventually four. Today, one week after Oxy’s death, there are baby birds! My husband just came to tell me that Mr. Robin made his first appearance and fed Mrs. Robin a worm! J And finally, my son just arrived home from work and beckoned me - “come look, right now!” He whistled softly and the three (alas! not four) fresh beaks stretched up from the nest and we heard the faintest of peeping! J J
Oxy’s death is very sad. We’re still adjusting, it’s only been a week. But to ease the pain of this loss, not only did God give us advance warning of his death, He also gave us new life right under our noses which we are watching daily from our window with great pleasure. We are witnesses of His wondrous creation that tells of His invisible attributes (Romans 1:20).
“The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord” (Job 1:21).




Thanks for letting me share your blog space Miss Ellen! Thanks to my daughter for sharing her photos.
Hazel

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a sweet story, Hazel. Thanks for sharing it.

fgpuckett said...

Very touching story, with nice photos and Scripture to add to it. Thanks for sharing and for the subtle reminder to take note of our surroundings lest we miss a miracle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails