Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Flowers and Friends for my birthday

After I wrote on Monday, Kaitlin and I went to PT and then came home. Marisa was finished with her classes for the day so we loaded up in my van and headed for our surprise lunch destination. I was thrilled when I realized we were eating at Luby's. It is a cafeteria that I love eating at but my children hate it. I know why they hate it- we skewe the age range by about 50 years even when I go in! They took me there and all had wonderful attitudes. Marisa had never been before and liked it. (I may have a buddy to eat there with) I had roast beef, mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrot and raisin salad. yum yum. At 3:30 KimT brought me these beautiful flowers. She asked what were my plans for the rest of the day and I told her we planned to eat supper at Outback with Carl. After a nice visit she left. Carl came home early to talk to Wade about a few things. I was surprised because I told Wade earlier that he could talk to Carl after supper.
We left to go and eat and I asked could I invite Teresa. Carl said " Sure." We got to Outback and it wasn't until after I saw our table did I realize that Carl had planned a party. Bob and KimT, Barbara, Cathy, Bri and Callie joined our party. What fun. I was so surprised. Cathy asked could she and Bri have a ride home and we said sure. After we were all stuffed we loaded up in our van and made our way to take Cathy home...only we didn't make the turn... We were headed to Liz's house. When we walked in she had two cakes, balloons and presents. Lots of folks dropped by. I was stunned. I don't have any pictures yet from that gathering because we used Liz's camera. What fun. After lots of cake and visiting and laughing we left and made it home to watch basketball.
These are the flowers that Taylor and Andrew sent me for my birthday. Both my arrangements have Stargazer Lilies so my house smells so good. I wish I a smell button on my blog so you could enjoy them too. It was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

fgpuckett said...

What a wonderful birthday! flowers, close friends, precious family, 2 great meals that you don't have to cook, basketball and winning the basketball pool!

BubblesandMoney said...

I agree!

Sue said...

Could I go with you and Marisa to Luby's? I like cafeteria food, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails