Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Perfect Storm

I heard a pastor say that in our travels along life's way we are in one of three stages of a storm.

At the beginning of a storm- blissfully ignorant of what is on the horizon, In the middle- holding on for dear life or At the End- tattered, bruised and weary.
At the time, I didn't believe him but now I do. But I'd like to add another dimension to this word picture. Watching those close to you go through a storm. I pictures these storms as happening around and to us, as we are in boats. ( why? I don't know)
I have a child in the middle of a horrible storm. This is a really hard place for a mama to be.
My mantra as a mama in raising my children has always been- The Mother should only do what only the Mother can do. This has served my children well, mostly and when I can remember to do it. This is one time when I don't want to do this. I want to paddle my boat over and take my child into my boat just for a while and as my child is resting I'd like to use my paddle on a few folks ,who in my opinion, are at the root of the storm. Two things are stopping me. 1- I have someone in my life that often gets in the middle of her children's storms and I can see the damage she is doing. 2-How will my child know they can weather something if mama is always there to make things 'right'? How will this child know that their faith in God is real. Do you really know the umbrella works if you don't have any rain?
Please pray for my child. Pray for me too, that I'll keep paddling and not hit anyone

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This worries me. I am praying.

Chris Rushing said...

Prayers sent.

Sue said...

I'm praying for you and your child. Isn't it odd how our children's storms create separate storms for us?

Anonymous said...

i love how you added to the pastor's word picture. i can see it very clearly. i can't wait to pass the picture on to others, if you don't mind me borrowing it. i appreciate your honesty and transparency and depth. i see Jesus in you and your child.

Annie said...

How difficult, Ellen. But, if this storm can bring you all closer to Jesus (and it will), then bring on the rain. I don't mean this lightly. I know the rain can be terribly hard and painful. But like you said, your kids are learning to trust the Lord, even in the storms. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Love you. Will be in prayer.

BubblesandMoney said...

Thanks to you all for praying. Maybe soon I'll have an update.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails