Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A letter to my friend and sister-in law, Tina

Today is your first Mother's Day without your mama and I am praying for you to make it through the day. Tomorrow will be better.

Mama's are just special. And when you have one that is wonderful it makes it all the harder. And yours was a wonderful one. Mamas are our champions. They think we can do things when no one else does.

Time makes it different and more tolerable but not better. I have heard that losing a loved one can be likened to losing a limb. If you lost an arm, you would learn how to tie your shoes again or adjust to slip on shoes and learn how to do many things again but you would still miss your arm.

My friend, Hazel, heard me comment on how my mama loved birds. I spoke of the different birds, mama had introduced me to and how we loved to watch the birds outside her kitchen window. Hazel then said that she would take my pain of grief to know her mama as well as I knew mine. That really impacted me. Maybe it was better to have loved and lost, than never to have had a mama as wonderful as mine was even if the grief was so deep.

Today I had a good Mother's Day. I can remember my mother with much joy and we, as a family, can laugh about things we did with her.

You will have good Mother's Days too.

My heart is with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails