Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22 is a fun day at our house!

Twenty six years ago today I was in the hospital in St Louis, MO, getting ready to go home. Five days earlier I had given birth to Andrew. It was a wild and woolly c-section experience. When I went back for my 6 week check -up the OB told me how blessed I was to be alive and to have a baby too! Andrew's apgar scores were 1 and 2.

Twenty three years ago today I was in the hospital in New Orleans, having major surgery. But it was a wonderful surgery because I got a treat. Kaitlin. She weighed 8 pounds and 15 ounces and was 23 1/2 inches long. We laugh because she has only grown 3 feet since birth. I had had an ultasound to rule out twins but the doctor said that he thought one was hiding or that he would find a tumor or something. He was thrilled to find a BIG baby.

After my experience with Andrew, I was really panicked about having another baby. Twenty three years ago to have a repeat c-section I had to check into the hopsital the night before. I still remember, like it was yesterday, how, at midnight a nurse came in to take away my water. She saw that I was awake and she told me to get a big drink and that it was morning. The verse came to me from Lamentations- Great is thy Faithfulness, Morning by Morning new mercies I see. I dwelt on that verse and made it through the night. ( whenever we sing Great is They Faithfulness in church, I remember His Faithfulness to me on that night) At 5 they came to get me ready for the birth. There a few complications but solutions were found. She was born at 8:30 am. Her apgar scores were 2 and 10.

My mother was at her home in GA with my cousin, Vicki during the birth. They had a bet on the sex of the baby. Mama thought it would be another boy. Mama went shopping as soon as Kaitlin was born and was so excited to have a granddaughter she bought the same dress in two different sizes. She didn't know this til she pulled them out at the hospital when she met Kaitlin on Friday night. (I laughed at her about this and now today I can't find one of Kaitlin's presents that I just had- it was in a kohl's bag, let me know if you see it!)

I was in a semi-private room. My roommate had LOTS of company ALL the time. She waxed her eyebrows every day. It took a LONG time when she went to the bathroom. She also had her second child, a daughter. Her first child was a girl named Kelly and they were trying to think of a name that would rhyme with Kelly for this second daughter. That cracked me and mama up. We thought of jelly, belly, smelly etc. They named the second daughter Danny. Mama and I couldn't figure that one out. I was GLAD to go home when it was time.

A year ago Uncle John and Aunt Elaine were here to help us celebrate. Two years ago, we didn't have a surprise party for Kaitlin , it was a surprise day! Five years ago she was with her cousin, Alan and his friends in Birmingham. Six years ago we had a surprise party at church and had her favorite food- Hot Dogs.

Great is His Faithfulness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved this reverie!

fgpuckett said...

Wow! Kaitlin's birth / adult height ratio may be some sort of world record!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails