Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Work in the bathroom and Work in my heart

Here is the tile that went up on Saturday. I really like it.




I have slept in three different beds in three different rooms in the last two weeks. (I am thankful that I have so many beds to sleep in) I feel like we are camping. I am not quite sure where all my toiletries are as I have used two different bathrooms in these last few weeks also (I think I miss my bathroom more than my bedroom- how strange is that).


Our Pastor today used the construction that is going on in our fellowship hall as visual aide. It is a wonderful thing but it is messy. When we got to Sunday School today there was sheet-rock dust all over the chairs. He likened it to our lives as Christians. We want the beautiful, new , always put together, look. We forget that we are all construction zone's. The beautiful comes in Heaven.


So as I am sleeping around (I can hear my children now, MOTHER!)and seeing all the dust, and stepping over plastic that is down to protect the floor, I am reminded of the work being done in my heart and I need to be thankful for it. It let's me know He isn't finished with me and therefor He loves me. I need to be aware of the work He is doing in your life and not judge when I see a mess.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i knew there was a spiritual metaphor in all that construction in your home. thanks for putting into words what i was intuiting about it.

i don't want life, me, my loved ones to be all dusty and messy and "sleeping around." i'm way past ready for my permanent, heavenly home He is preparing for me! i want it and me and mine to be brand spanking new.

in the meantime, Lord help me be more content with "the already and not yet" of my position and life in Christ and the knowledge that i'm a sojourner passing through, not a permanent citizen of this messy, dusty, construction-zone place here on earth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails