Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Being Married to an Engineer

For all of you who have the privilege to be married to an engineer you know they are a different breed. Here is a recent episode in our lives that I am sure you can relate too.

In May our DSL was down for a week. This only happens when Carl is gone. If you know the drill you call a certain number and you are sent to someone in India. Kaitlin and I both had trouble understanding what they were telling us but we stayed with it for HOURS and did all they asked us to do but to no avail. I called back the next day - same thing lots of questions have you plugged this in? restart you computer? etc etc etc, but no success. By this time, Carl knew it was their problem because the land line still worked. I called again and got someone in the US who said they would have our problem fixed by Friday. FRIDAY- that was three days away.

Kaitlin , Marisa and I would meet out so we could check facebook, blogs and message all our peeps. I felt like we were drug addicts getting our fix.

ON Friday the phone rang and this voice said " Ma'am you should have your DSL back." I ran to the computer and there was the magic green light on, I screamed, Kaitlin and Marisa and I did a dance and we all cheered now mind you the man is still on the phone. We all thanked him profusely, said goodbye and all got on the Internet. I sent Carl a text saying WE HAVE INTERNET. his response- What was the problem? I'm thinking " What was the problem , who cares?" Carl did. I told him that I didn't ask because I was too busy celebrating but if it happened again I would ask.

Early in July the DSL went out. We realized this before Carl had to go out of town so he made the initial call. They were to call back the next day. Carl knew from his checking that again, it was their problem. When they called the next day I answered all their question again. They said they would sent someone out on Thursday. When Thursday arrived the repair man knocked on the door. He needed to see all the phone line connections we had in the house. He checked them all out and was impressed with how they were all installed and grounded. "That would be my husband" I said. " And when you find out the problem, I need to know what it is , for my husband"

The man called 10 minutes later, he had found the problem down the road a piece. He had had to replace the 'channel unit card'. I wrote that down. As we were all busy getting connected to all out peeps, I sent Carl a text. WE HAVE INTERNET. The message I get back. What was the problem. Ha, this time I was ready. He had to replace the 'channel unit card' Next text, Where? I was ready. About 2 miles down the road on the back of such and such building. Carl was satisfied.

I think the repairman was impressed with Carl and his interest in the DSl. He gave me his phone number and said that we are to call him if we have anymore problems! Sweeet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My pastor/hubby was an engineer in our past life and I CAN relate. Very funny.

"Ha, this time I was ready" made me laugh out loud. I'm with ya.

Sue said...

My engineer wouldn't have stopped at 2 questions, though!

BubblesandMoney said...

I think Carl stopped because he was stunned that I knew the answers!

Sue said...

Oooh, great strategy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails