Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More pictures soon

I was not ready to get in the car and come home.


When we got home the Internet was out and just got back online this afternoon. Here are some thoughts and stories about our vacation.


Money is one of six children. All were there this year. That doesn't happen often. If we were all together we were a party of 36. We took pictures on the beach... all of us. We drew a crowd just watching us take pictures. We had different groupings, like the girl cousins then the boy cousins and then all the cousins. The cousins are heavy on boys and for the longest we just had three girl cousins with nine boy cousins. Now we have 5 girls and 10 boys. We had the different families, we had those that had married into the family and we had lots of Grandma and her six children.


Jeremy wanted to build a sand castle. He had molds and a plan and got to work on it. Larry and I sat in out chairs watching him. This man on the beach was also watching. He confronted Jeremy and told him that sand castles was the leading cause of death for children on the beach. Jeremy politely sat down until the crazy man left and then built a HUGE one. He got help from all the cousins. It was so big that folks stopped and took pictures of it.


After we talked about folks stopping to look at us as we took pictures, we stood on our balcony and watched a wedding on the beach. I guess we are all rubberneckers.


Kaitlin and I watched the sunrise one morning from our balcony.


Marisa plays a car game called the Yellow Car game. She even has rules: no work trucks, no playing on Sunday, cars in a car lot don't count etc. I have been aware of the playing of this game for awhile. Even Marisa agreed that the Yellow Car capital is in North Carolina. It is unreal how many cars we saw. Now that I've said this you look for yellow cars and see if you see lots.


Alan realized that it is easier for the cousins to say goodbye because they are so connected with face book chat etc.


I read three books. Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews, The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love by Joan Medicott and the third... I can't remember the name. I gave it to Elaine to read and it's name escapes me. All were good escapism. Nothing from my TBR list, oh well!


We stopped at the Atlanta Aquarium on our way home. John loves marine life. Marisa had never been to one. She got to pet a shark, ray and an sea anemone. (I think that is how you spell it) Kaitlin loves otters and we got to see Sea and River ones play. The Atlanta Aquarium has 4 whale sharks. This is the largest fish. We got to sit in front of a LARGE tank and watch whale sharks, hammerheads, leopard rays and a plethora of other fish. It was just amazing. John thanked us the entire way home.


I told Money that when we retire I want to spend a month at the beach. I love to watch it, smell it and hear it.


I plan to work on my scrapbook soon!

4 comments:

fgpuckett said...

What a great vacation! I loved the sand castle story.

Sue said...

Welcome back; can't wait to see more pictures.

By the way, how is your TBR list going? I'm stuck right now. (I think I remember why I didn't read these as soon as I got them.) ;)

BubblesandMoney said...

Well, on the TBR list. I am such a rebel that I don't even like to obey my own rules! But I hope to keep my shoulder to the grind stone.

Anonymous said...

can i come visit you at the beach when you're retired???? you can come visit me in moose (an inside joke between me and del, don't know if you've heard of it)....i'm puttin the atlanta aquarium on my "to do" list now. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails