Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hide it under a bushel, NO!

I am standing amazed at the exceedingly, abundantly, moreness of God- Eph 3:20-21.

We are listening to a series from Tim Keller in our College and Career group. I highly recommend all his messages. He gets you thinking. The message last night was on "How can there be a God with all the suffering in the World?" I'll search around and see if I can find a link for you. It was a wonderful message. It was encouraging. We do not know all the reasons that God has for what we go through but one thing we can hold on to is 'For His Glory'

When I helped Corrie in February, I did it because I love her and she needed me. Corrie brought me a note last night from her mama. Here it is

Dear Ellen and Family,
This is a little thank you for being Corrie's "Mommy" especially when she had her accident. And you should know, it was quite the testimony to various non-Christian family members, they were astonished I didn't fly right down there (I couldn't actually) and I explained that her church family was so 'on it' that one lady actually beat her to the hospital! Thank you, Ellen. The were amazed that Christians do that for each other, when Corrie has only been in Little Rock for a year. So your witness travels far...
Love in our Saviour, Debbie

And I thought I was only going to help a friend in need not give a testimony to non- believers. We never know how God can use what we are going through. May this give us courage today.

The world is watching. I am praying that I show them Jesus today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a refreshing story of how God uses us in others' lives beyond our imaginations. aaawwwhhhh. reminds me of the old devo song: "i keep falling in love again, falling in love again, over and over again." and "oh how i love Jesus, oh how i love Jesus, oh how i love Jesus, because He first loved me."

fgpuckett said...

That's a good story. You should bundle it with the original post and send to Guideposts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails