Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

They were all wearing masks

Tonight I was sitting in the den. John was in the living room playing his new video game. I saw a family of raccoons climbing a tree- mama, daddy and 5 children. I loudly called to John to come quick. I heard the video controller hit the floor and then he appeared next to me with the fly spatter in hand. He thought I had seen something alive and in the house. I am a well cared for mama.

We had a great time watching the raccoons. John got out the video camera and shot some video to show the girls when they get home. I view this animals as pests but the girls think they are cute. I don't think cute things get into your trash and leave it everywhere. As John and I watched them climb up and down the tree, I banged on the window. The babies, who were almost to the ground, flew back up the tree. The mother turned and gave me the stink eye. I think she was thinking " You just wait and see what I do with your trash now" It will probably be outside my bedroom window when I wake up in the morning. Oh well, It was fun to see them run up the tree.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm with the girls--I think racoons are cute. Have you ever read Rascal by Sterling North? I loved that book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails