Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Grace, It's free for you and me

Marisa, Kaitlin and Carl left, on Saturday morning, with 27 other from our church to go to Bay St. Louis, MS and help with Katrina rebuilding. They are bases out of Jean Larroux' s church Lagniappe ( pronounced lan-yap) Presbyterian. Lagniappe means a little something extra or free like Grace.

Today at 5:17am I got a text from Kaitlin. She had on her Iowa tee shirt, shorts and tennis shoes and she was headed to the kitchen to help cook breakfast.

Carl is working on roofing as is Marisa.

I am praying for safety and unity for the group.

Yesterday, during free time a group drove to New Orleans. It is about an hour away. Carl, Kaitlin and one other are the only ones out of the group of 14 that had ever been there. They drove down town and had beignets.

I really miss them.

John and I are here. John rented some movies for us to watch. Vantage Point and Behind Ememy Lines are two that I have watched with him so far. They really get your heart pumping because of the action. I may need to watch Pollyanna or something calmer soon.

Sheryce came over today and curled my hair because my hairdressers are gone. I am blessed with wonderful friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails