Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birds of a feather...

We live on 2 acres in the country. Our house is on top of a ridge. My view is the middle and tops of trees. I generally feel claustrophobic when the trees are in full leaf.

I used to have a bird feeder until the squirrels decided to chew on our house in addition to the bird food. We still see looks of birds.

In our yard for the last week have been Antony and Cleopatra. That is what we have named Mr and Mrs Hawk. They live in a tree outside my bedroom window. We haven't seen a nest yet. They fly through the yard calling to each other. Their call is very high pitched and distinct.

We don't have a picture yet for several reasons. One is we are usually too stunned by their size and majestic flight to get a camera and the other is when we move to get the camera, they see us and fly away.

I think they are either Sharp-shinned Hawks or Red-shouldered Hawks.

How cool is this?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails