Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Books Books Books

So I had some over due books. It really bothered me. I do most of my librarying (is that even a word) on the computer so I don't really even talk to the librarians. I took a few books with me on our vacation and their due date was while we were gone so I just got up the day they were due and renewed them so I could finish them at my leisure.

THEY COULDN'T BE RENEWED.

I was stunned, I was now an outlaw. Did 'they' know I had the books on vacation? What if they suspended my checking out privileges? I finished the books on vacation and went to the library as soon as we got home.

I tried to act nonchalant as I went up to the circulation to confess my felony and 'they' just took my books and told me my fine.
$1.20.
Whew, I made it and I still get to check out books.

The books I took on vacation were

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson. I enjoyed both of them.
The Postmistress is set in the US and London just before US involvement in WWII. I was immediately hooked and couldn't put it down.
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand is set in an English Village. It is about Major Pettigrew and his family and their life.

I have realized that I like book reviews that don't reveal lots about the books so that is what I do.

Here's the rest of my list:
The Passion of Mary-Margaret by Lisa Sampson. I plan to reread this one.
The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by McNees. I debated whether to list books that I didn't like, I decided that I would. I couldn't get over Louisa May's father.
Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin. Subject matter I couldn't get over. Didn't like the book.
Whiter than Snow by Sandra Dallas. I loved this book. It was wonderful. Very clever devise she used to tell her story.
The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. I really have enjoyed all this author's books and this was no exception. Wonderful book.
How to be a Baby ...by Me, the Big Sister by Sally Lloyd Jones. Marisa read this while she was babysitting for Bates and Jane. She came home and said that we have to buy this book. It is fabulous and you need to read it and give it as a gift at your next baby shower.
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen. I read this book in one day and then reread it again the next. It was a fabulous read-gripping, haunting, couldn't put it down. I cried. Anna Quindlen has experienced life and can get it down on paper.
A Thread of Sky by Deanna Fei. Great story, a bit more, shall we say, coarse language and life style, than I am used to but I enjoyed it. I do appreciate my family dynamics more after reading this.

Enjoy.
What are you reading ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can also pay those fines online (via credit card) if you are so inclined. Just ask me how I know...
:)
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

thanks for the book list!!! I have nothing to read so I am getting one of your's TODAY!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails