Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Blind Mule, LA and Fun = our vacation

We had a great vacation! We met up with Carl's family in LA. That's Lower Alabama for those that don't know :) We ate, laughed, visited, swam, visited, ate, laughed, and then laughed some more.

Kaitlin and Meredith had a great visit in the hot tub and they were horrified when they found out that we could hear all they talked about!
You know you are on the Redneck Riviera when the condo you are staying in provides a shopping cart for you to use to bring up all your stuff. We stayed at Windrift and the one we had was really nice. Aunt Marian and Uncle Sherrell had a different experience. They ended up in a six bedroom/six bathroom 3 level house that was nice.
This was the scene at Aunt Marian's pool.
Grandmother took us all to Books a Million and bought us all some books. Here are John's and Robert's
Here are Carl's, Kaitlin's, Marisa's and mine. I can't locate the picture of Andrew and Taylor's but will post as soon as I do. I have everybody's pictures to look through and that is over 1000.
This is outside our condo. The workers began around 6 with the cleanup. The sand is stained. We saw about 60 folks on the beach with maybe 25 in the water the whole time we were there. It was sad and broke my heart. I wanted to sit out on a beach chair under an umbrella and go into the water whenever I wanted, I wanted to see my children in the water, I wanted to see Robert in the water- he hasn't see the beach since he was 4 but that didn't happen.
This picture was taken by our server at The Blind Mule in Mobile. We found it on the list of 100 places to eat in Alabama. As we were driving to it, I was not sure I was going to get out of the car. The speciality was shrimp and grits. They were outstanding- not creamy and with a cajun flavor. I would recommend this restaurant in the day time. It was packed when we got there and the only seats left were in the bar and you know us!
Lots of Red, White and Blue on the Fourth. Tanner took this picture of Kaitlin and Marisa on Uncle Alec's boat dock.
Meredith took some pictures of us. Our first thought was on the beach but then we decided on the boat dock. The colors below will be the colors in the wedding.
Here is the reason for the family reunion. Grandmother and five of her six children were together. There were 24 of us together. We did miss the beach but the Funroes can have fun anywhere. More pictures tomorrow


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails