Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Four candles are enough

A few blogs ago I told you about Carl's fight with the vermin aka squirrels, raccoons etc that have been enjoying our bird food. Carl has the birdfeeder so well secured that only birds can enjoy it now..... well

Before our Thanksgiving trip, Carl took our minivan in for it's check-up. He had filled up the washer fluid but still we had none. He had them look at it. Their verdict was it was rodents. They had chewed through whatever it is that hold washer fluid. The nerve of them!

In December my pest control expert found that vermin have invaded my house. He put poison in my basement and crawlspace under the house. They throughly enjoyed the poison. The pest control expert showed Carl some places where these vermin may have permeated our house. Carl got steel wool and spray foam. He went to it. He found lots of places where the vermin had chewed. Carl filled in the holes.

He did a good job. Such a good job that one was left in our house. I personally think they knew what Carl was doing and sent in a kamikaze. We heard the vermin on Friday as he scrambled to get out. Maybe he had second thoughts. We will never know. He died soon thereafter.

We have found that four candles when lit cover the smell for the most part. I guess the vermin are having the last laugh. Kaitlin says that we are lighting candles for the vermin's family. She thinks his mama will miss him. I can't wait til we miss the smell of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As only Ellen could write. You crack me up girl!!!!

JenniferB said...

That one really made me laugh out loud.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails