Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Who is really in control?

One activity I can't do because of my back is change my sheets. The bending and pulling is what I can't do. John asked me last week if he could do something for me and I asked him to help change my sheets. He did cheerfully.

On our bed we have an electric blanket with two controls. I like to turn my on to take the cold out of the bed and turn it off to sleep. Carl like to turn his to broil and bake the whole night.

Friday I went to bed early - 8:30. It was not too cool so I had not even turned on the controls for either side. I woke up at 10:30 and was sweating from the blankets being too hot. Carl was in the room. He had turned on his side to broil and mine too. Then he got to checking. He hadn't turned mine on. His side was chilly while I was in the sauna.

He realized early in the morning that sometime the blanket had gotten turned over ( see paragraph one)and I was under the broiler and he was in the freezer. He jumped up and flipped it back put the covers back on and cranked his side up and fell back to sleep dreaming of something like the earth's core.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your writing, Ellen. I am laughing out loud at the "earth's core" comment and about John's "Dwight Yoakum" pants. Hysterical. I miss you girl!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails