Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not Sleet nor Hail nor Dark of Night or Not

I love to read World Magazine.

Well, let me backup and say I live in a tiny town next to a medium size city. The mail delivery here is ...interesting. I should get a paycheck for all the mail I deliver. I once took all the mail I got that wasn't mine to the post office in my tiny town. (The only way I knew I was at the post office is that there was an American flag flying outside the house.) They asked me why I drove all that way to the post office when I could just put it back in my mailbox. I smiled as I said that I wasn't used to getting so much mail that wasn't mine. I'm talking 10 pieces of mail ie bills, magazines, letters. They just took it from me.

I was told when I moved to said town that no magazines or catalogs would be delivered on Saturday. It is true. I love to get the mail on Monday because we get so much.

I say all that to say ...I'm not sure how often World Magazine gets published. Some weeks I get none and some I get two or even three. I hope they are reading them as they peruse my catalogs.

World is conservative news magazine. It is on the web. worldmag.com or worldonthe web.com I like mine as a hard copy so I can read it with my family near. The computer I use is in the living room while life goes on with my family in the den. They all have laptops but that is another story for another day. Carl if you are reading this...Could I get a laptop for my birthday????

When I get my World I read the second to the last article first. It is usually written by Andree Seu. She just writes things that really hit home for me. If I can only get to that one article, it is worth getting the magazine to me. When I have more time I read more. I don't always agree with their view point but it gets me to think.

Check it out

3 comments:

JenniferB said...

did you know that motto came from a comment about the Ancient Persian messengers after Darius I built roads? I learned that today while teaching my 6th graders Social Studies. Funny that you should use that very quote today...

BubblesandMoney said...

That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

I like all of World magazine; but like you, Andree Seu is my favorite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails