Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Psalms and Ravi

I enjoy the daily devotional I get every day from Ravi Zacharias. The one for today is especially meaningful to me. You can find it at
www.rzim.org/slice/slice.php
I never realized that some of the psalms are corporate. Ps: 95-100, 122-126 and 132-144.

Another thought about the psalms that I learned when John was in school. When you see of the words- A Song of Ascents before a psalms like 120. These were psalms that were said or sang as they went up to worship because Jerusalem was up on a mount. Hence Songs of Ascents.

Another aside on Ravi Zacharias- One Sunday I got a text from a friend that she wouldn't be in church that day because Ravi was speaking at a local church. She had heard it from an older couple who were also going. Several of us got the text and were sad that we couldn't hear him also. That evening I asked my friend to describe hearing him speak and to tell me what message did he bring. My friend died laughing and told me about her day. She got herself to the church as did several hundred others. There was a buzz of excitment for the guest speaker. She got a bulletin and began reading and realized the guest speaker was Robbie Hezekiah. The older couple had misunderstood. She was so stunned she got up and went home. We still laugh about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew Ravi had a daily email devotional. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Ellen. I have subscribed too!

BubblesandMoney said...

Great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails