Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Women's Bible Study

My church has a Bible Study for Women on Thursday mornings. I just love it. We share prayer requests and burdens and study the Word of God. Our teacher is LindaS. She is a saint. She keeps us going down the right path when sometimes it is like herding cats.

The study this semester is The Way of Psalms by Kathleen Nielson. We did Kathleen's study on Proverbs in the fall and it was so insightful. The author has been to our church to speak and I met her so I can call her Kathleen.

As an openning exercise we went around and shared our favorite Psalms. Wow! It was powerful. RuthMc says Ps 103 each night before she goes to sleep. She does it as a prayer and it goes something like this. Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not His benefits, then she thanks God for all He has done for her.
Susanne says she likes Ps 8 because the chior sings an anthem which is taken from the words and is called Glory and Majesty. I love that song and didn't realize where it came from.
JanP has Ps 34:3 engraved in her wedding band as does her husband...Oh! Magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together...how cool is that.

Later in the study Evelyn shared that in Ps 23 when it spoke of' the valley of the shadow of death' that that always scared her as a child but Becca spoke up and said that the way that verse was explained to her was if there is a shadow there is a light some where.

Sonja shared that her daddy died unexpectantly a few years ago at his farm. He was cleaning up some brush. He was by himself and they found him in a beautiful field by the creek. As she was getting ready to go to home her husband read her Ps 23. And they realized her daddy had had a Ps 23 experence. He was in a beautiful pasture and by some still waters. She said that that has brought her some much comfort.

I am looking forward to next weeks study!

4 comments:

Anne said...

I'm leading a women's study now and we're studying Proverbs: The Ways of Wisdom. It's such a good study, but I've never heard anyone else mention it so I'm glad to see it here! The Psalms one sounds great, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these things from the group, Ellen. It was a joy and encouragement to read.

fgpuckett said...

I like reading about the favorite Psalms of others! Its a good excuse to go back and read them. My favorite is Psalm 51, and I love the song that is based on verses 10-12.

BubblesandMoney said...

I made a note in my Bible that you like that Ps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails