Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A new pin for me!

Carl's sister, Marian made me for Christmas several years ago, a counted cross stitch of the outline of United States. She also included some straight pins with large heads. We all picked a color of pin. Carl-black, Ellen-blue, Andrew-red, Kaitlin-pink(they didn't have purple) and John-green. Whenever we would get home from a trip we couldn't wait to put pins in the new states we had visited. Because of the nature of Carl's job he quickly had a pin in the 48 contiguous states.

In 1993 we had a big trip and got to put in lots of pins when we got home. Near the end of that trip we stayed with good friends in KC, MO. I asked if we couldn't just go down the road a piece and put our feet in KS. No, was the vote. I've never let them forget it. I had pins all around Kansas but not in Kansas. In 2006 Kaitlin and John went through Kansas on their way to RYM Colorado. Not me.

In 2004, my brother, Charles and his wife, Frances took Kaitlin and me to Alaska. We are thrilled to have a pin in such an exotic state. But I still didn't have Kansas. Carl told me he would take a pole of random folks and ask would they rather go to Kansas or Alaska. I didn't care. I guess we always want what we don't have.

Carl is taking me to the College World Series. We drove part of the way today and plan to do the rest tomorrow. Carl got our motel for tonight in........KANSAS. I am writing this in Kansas. When I get home I get to put in a new pin!!!! I am fired up.

We plan to go to two games on Tuesday. I'll be cheering for NC and LSU. The games are on ESPN at 1 and 6 central time. Look for me on the tv!

3 comments:

Kim Tramel said...

Hey Ellen. Keep us posted. I'm not a big baseball fan, but already this trip sounds fun.--Kim T

Sue said...

We went to the College World Series often when we lived in Lincoln--it was always a good time. Enjoy!

Congrats on your new pin, too.

fgpuckett said...

What was your favorite part about Kansas?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails