Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Now I need to go to Topeka.

This is Carl and some of his children on Father's Day just before we got in the van to go.

This is me in Kansas with my friend, Linda. She and I have been friends for 29 years. Our husbands used to work for the same company. She drove over from MO and met us for breakfast and a wonderful visit. I know you all want a pair of sunglasses like mine but these are one of a kind I'm sure. John gave then to me for Christmas. I can't decide if I look like Willy Wonka or Audrey Hepburn. What do you think?


We saw several of these as we drove down the highway.



When you travel from Little Rock to Omaha, you go north to Fayetteville then into Mo. We made a detour around Kansas City, Mo so I could go to the state of Kansas, but most normal folks would just continue to the top to Mo and then the interstate takes you into Iowa. There are several bridges into NE before you get to Omaha. We tried to go to Lincoln and then Omaha. Lincoln is about 46 miles south west of Omaha. But we couldn't because all the bridges until Omaha were closed because of flooding. The flooding is vast and we just saw a tiny part of Iowa.










Capitol building in Lincoln

Guess who they have a statue of ?


I do believe there are more red vehicles in NE than any other state I've been in, with a great concentration of then in Lincoln.









This one is for Sue and Jeff. Here is where the Cornhuskers play.








2 comments:

Sue said...

Love all your pics--I smiled all the way through both these entries. Thanks especially for the Husker stadium!

fgpuckett said...

Love the sunglasses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails