Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who makes Kaitlin scream and wrestles with John


I feel almost like today is December 26th. All the plans and looking forward to have come and gone.

I have three children. Andrew, Kaitlin and John. Kaitlin lives at home, John is home for the summer and Andrew lives with his wife, Taylor, in Georgia.
Andrew came for a visit.

Taylor had a gathering of her friends for a week in North Carolina and because of the nature of Andrew's job, it was a good time for him to take vacation too. I missed her and hope she can be here soon.

Here are some bullet points of his visit.


-Andrew was not in the house for 5 minutes before he was chasing Kaitlin through the house checking to see if she had armpits. I can recall her screaming even now. Andrew comes into a room with his eyes twinkling and looking for some one's button to push.

-We went to a Traveler's game




-We watched the National Spelling Bee.

-Andrew put his GPS in my van. He told us he has to have it to get to the substations in his service area. Sometimes he uses it even when he knows how to get somewhere because he enjoys hearing the voice pronounce things wrong. One example he gave us was he has to do work on a Memorial Highway. the GPS say- mem Mole lia.



-Andrew's friend, Chris came to visit for the weekend. We shared lots of laughs. Andrew is blessed with wonderful friends.

Andrew got to eat at Senor Tequila's twice, Purple Cow, CheeburgerCheeburger (sorry we missed you Brittany), we saw Iron Man (I highly recommend the movie, I want to see it again), He got to swim with KerryF, play basketball with John, Grant, and Jake,played racquetball with John (had to take Advil afterwards as did John). We ate at Mt Fugi with KimT and BobT. KimT even got in a jumping picture!

This is the hardest part of mothering I believe. To do my job so well that they don't need me. wow! It was a precious time with Andrew home. It was fun to hear the banter between the children and the laughter and the teasing and the remember when...

Andrew's language of love is touch. He would get up in the morning and sit by me on the sofa and we would watch Sportcenter. He has done this since we have had cable. We talked AUBURN football and the books we have been reading. And we laughed.

I am thankful I am sad because it means we are blessed with a wonderful relationship.

It is quiet here tonight without Andrew.

5 comments:

Chris Rushing said...

I had a great time. Thanks so much for inviting me to come up. Lost in all the hooplah is the fact that I was able to take "be a wedding crasher" off the bucket list, haha.

Annie said...

Oh Ellen, what a sweet time you all had. I know those times. They carry you until you can have the next time like that. I also know that feeling of being so thankful that you feel so sad....

fgpuckett said...

Nice story and good pictures!

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great time. your quiver is full and growing!

you're so far ahead of me in all this, i'll be looking you up when i'm so happy i'm sad!

Anonymous said...

also, who started all this jumping for fotos thing? do you know the origin of this? (loved seeing kim t get in on the jumping! if random construction guys can join in, she can, too!)

our nephew matt got married two weekends ago as you know (del was the officiant) and for the fotos taken after, there's a shot of the whole wedding party jumping! it's amazing! whoda thunk?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails