Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Toto , We're not in Kansas anymore

I am sitting in our motel room in Omaha, NE. We left KS (and from what I hear I saw beautiful KS as opposed to flat, boring KS) this morning after breakfast with LindaG. She drove over from Blue Springs, MO to meet us. I don't have a card reader with me so I'll post pictures when I get home.

We drove up or rather north and as soon as we got into Iowa we saw flooding. We had to alter our route because of it. Some off ramps were closed because the road under the I-29 was under water.

We drove to Omaha and then because I have this thing for state capitals, Sweet Carl drove me to Lincoln. We saw the capital building and the University of Nebraska campus.

Tonight we had supper with some marketers from several utility companies. I had an OMAHA Steak. I thought that was only fitting since I am in Omaha. It was really good. I was one of two women there. The men were all polite. They asked if I was going to the games. YES was my answer. When they found out we went to Lincoln, they asked if I was impressed with the Cornhuskers stadium? It was fun to see, was my answer. Are you a hog fan? NO, I am an AUBURN fan. They would tippy-toe around to see if I knew my AUBURN football. My answer, YES I was at the CottonBowl when AUBURN beat Nebraska

Tomorrow we plan to meet up with the same group from supper to go to the ball games. The high temp tomorrow is to be 80. I am stoked. I am nervous about walking around and getting my self in pain but I will go with a chair so I can sit and rest as needed.

stay tuned

3 comments:

Sue said...

"There's no place like Home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home....." (Clicking my heels together and wishing to be in Lincoln!)

fgpuckett said...

Did you see any references to Bess Streeter ALdrich?

BubblesandMoney said...

Frances, I didn't see any references to Aldrich.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails