Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08 Will you be watching?

It is hard for me to believe that it has been 12 years since we went to the Olympics in Atlanta. I do not like crowds at all, so when Carl first said that we should try to get tickets I said "Great, you take the children and I'll watch on TV" and I was serious. But when Carl got a ticket application and had everyone pick out what they wanted to see, I got caught up in the excitment and off we went. Carl, remember he is an engineer, had everyone pick out 3 events they wanted to see and then rank them in order of importance. The tickets were given out in a lottery fashion.

I remember that we got tickets for events that the boys picked out and none for the ones Kaitlin and I had picked out. Kaitlin and I were sad. Carl then went a different route and got three very pricey tickets for Kaitlin, Carl and I to see some women's gymnastics. We really didn't know what event we were to see but we were thrilled to being seeing women's gymnastics. WE saw the American's win the gold medal. WE saw Kerri Strug fall and hurt her ankle and then vault again. We saw the medal ceremony! Even as I write that I get teary eyed at how moving that was.

We saw baseball, soccer, volleyball, table tennis, marathon.

We learned that the colors for The Netherlands are red, white and blue but they are wear orange for William of Orange.

It was exciting.

I don't think Carl could convince me to go to China to see them but I'll be watching from the sofa and cheering. How about you?

2 comments:

Britt said...

I did not know you guys went to the Olympic Games! How beautiful is that!? :) And yes, I will be watching. With stripes and stars on.

fgpuckett said...

Yes... Charles and I are watching the opening ceremony now. The human synchranoids are amazing. (I know that's not a word, but how else can you describe all those Chinese moving in such perfect syncranicity?... not sure if that's a word either!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails