Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Friends, Fun, and Funerals

On Monday, Clare and I drove to Shreveport to the funeral of the grandmother of our friend, Zach. We decided on Sunday to go. I was at her house at 6:30 am armed with 'the Garmin' and the address of the funeral home. Shreveport is a 3 1/2 hour drive from here.

Clare is such a blessing to me. She always sees the bright and funny side of every situation. Even after being with her for 12 hours on Monday, I still had things I wanted to talk to her about. The day flew by.

We didn't know Zach's grandmother and she died suddenly so the family was stunned by her death. I am sorry I didn't know her. The stories we heard at the funeral made us laugh til we cried. One story was about a time Pat, the grandmother, had taken her two sons to visit her friend, who also had two children. As the adults visited on that fall day, they exhorted their children to stay out of the pond. Soon the mother's saw their children playing in the pond and they were covered with mud. Pat spoke first and said" Well , should we hose them off or just hold their heads under until they quit struggling " We all laughed!

Lots of family members shared about how Pat had helped them and encouraged them.

After we left the funeral we met Clare's parents at Don's Seafood for lunch. It was good food and still more laughing.

We made it back to Little Rock at 6pm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails