Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I am glad I am not called to be a swimmer

We are listening to some amazing sermons from Tim Keller at Redeemer Presbyterian in New York at our College and Career Group. Here is the site if you want to check out the sermons plus lots of other stuff they have.

Last Tuesday we listened to the one on Absolutes from Galatians 2:4-16

The sermon point on Freedom really spoke to me. Several thoughts on it are: Freedom comes from truth, discipline gives more freedom, and freedom is the presence of the right restrictions in accord with the truth of who I am.

A fish has freedom in water. If we get the fish out of the captivity of the water- it dies.

That made me think of Michael Phelps. In the interviews I've seen with his mama, she said that she kept looking for some way to direct her son and all his energy and his ADHD ness. What freedom he has found in the water doing what he was made to do.

What freedom we have when we do what we are meant to do
Love Jesus
Serve Jesus
Know Jesus

It looks different on all of us and I am thankful that it does. How boring would it be if we all served or loved Jesus in the same way.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails