Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Some times growing up is hard on the Mamas

We are just home from moving John into his apartment for the fall semester of classes. I am worn out. Not from the moving but from letting him go....again.

We had a wonderful summer.
Our vacation was a blast.
John was here for me when my friend, Lynda, lost her 20 year old, to a stroke. I cried for two days and John was very gentle with me.
He was very helpful around the house, thanks in part to Marisa.
He was content to hand his paycheck over to me to help pay for his tuition this fall.
We shared lots of laughs.

When all my children are not home there is an emptiness even if we have a house full.

I know they need to leave so they can grow up and be what God has designed for them to be.

But it still hurts.

I realize that my friend, Lynda, will not have all her children with her until she gets to heaven and we plan -Lord willing to all be together for the AUBURN/ms state game.

but I am sad tonight but it is a good sad. I am thankful that we have such a good time together that I wish we all still at home.

Mamas, hug those babies. They grow up too fast. And Babies, let them.

Good Night John, Sleep Sweet

2 comments:

fgpuckett said...

Wow, I can imagine how sad you must be, after such a special summer.

Britt said...

*hug* Growing up is hard on the babies sometimes, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails