Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sarah Palin almost cost John his life

We were watching TV on Friday. We being, John, Kaitlin , Marisa and me. Sarah was getting lots of press. One lady interviewed said that she would vote for Sarah Palin because she was a mother of 5 and all that that entailed. I thought that that was a wonderful comment. Carl has often said that when our children are all grown and gone, he plans to let the army use me for logistics. Every mama knows what it takes to get everyone where they need to be and with what they should have and all the planning that that takes.

When John heard that comment he scoffed! "What do mothers do?" I heard him say.

Now picture this is slow motion as, bad back and all, I leapt in the air with my nails and teeth bared ready to set the record straight with this poor misguided child of mine. As I was halfway in the air between where I was and John, Marisa realized I was about to bring home the point of how great mamas are in a very real way to John. She leaped in between us and urged John to repent and that a time of reckoning was soon to be upon him. John then looked up and saw me in my best karate kid pose, ready to strike. He realized that danger was imminent. He came to his senses and said "Mother, you are the greatest!" "Mothers can do anything"

Whew! I didn't have to take him down after all.

But I would have and he knows it too!!!!!

3 comments:

Lance and Heather said...

that's funny. my neighbor basically asked me the same thing the other day, "what do you do all day?" (implying that I stay at home and don't do much). I decided to type out everything I did one day and printed it off and gave it to him. It was actually a pretty low-key day, i didn't have to run any errands, pack up to go out of town, didn't have to make dinner, etc. you can print it off for john to share what moms do. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! That'll teach him.

lumbyone said...

you are still really busy with three kids at the house. My mother still teaches home school to 4 kids and works 11-9 most days. I still don't know how she does it all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails