Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

62 years

Today is my parents wedding anniversary -62 years. They got married by a Justice of the Peace. Their courtship was 8 years long. They met in 1942 and married in 1950. World War II happened between.

My dad had these rings made from a coin while in Steyr, Austria in 1945. Notice the edelweiss. My mother wore these on a beautiful silver chain. Today Kaitlin wears my mother's and I wear my daddy's.

During the 8 years my mother finished college, went to Northwestern and was on Broadway.

My parents marriage lasted almost 26 years before my daddy died.

I am so glad my parents met and married. I am so thankful that their marriage was strong enough to endure the loss of two children.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails