Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

God guides our steps

At the beginning of Andrew's second year at AUBURN he was playing a computer game online. He met fellow game player online and they began a friendship. Andrew finally asked where this young man was. Answer- college. Andrew - Where? Answer- AUBURN. Me too- where do you live? Answer- Little Hall. Andrew- ME TOO! Andrew went to meet Robert. Andrew " Where are you from?" Robert-" A little small town in northern Alabama, you've never heard of." Andrew- " What town?" Robert- " Arab" At this point Andrew is stunned. Carl grew up in Arab. If you looked up Arab on Internet it will say "side spot in the road" Andrew had spent every Christmas of his life in Arab plus lots of other special times.
It turns out that Robert's mama graduated from high school with Carl's sister Marian. Robert had a girlfriend, Jennifer. She is now his wife. When we met Jenn we knew that she probably had a parent graduate from high school with one of Carl's brother's since there were 4 of them. Her daddy graduated with Uncle Ted. When we made that connection, Uncle Ted began with the stories about her dad. " So did your dad ever tell you about the time in Chemistry class when we had that acid and...
Jenn went home and asked her daddy about all these stories she was hearing about him. With a twinkle in his eye he told Jennifer not to hang around our family anymore.
Andrew was a groomsman in their wedding. Kaitlin was the candid photographer. Robert was a groomsman in Andrew and Taylor's wedding and Jennifer sang. Robert's parents came down from Arab to attend the wedding. I love Robert and Jennifer and am so blessed that God put them in Andrew's life.

3 comments:

RiLes said...

That's awesome....I love it when things like that happen :)

Anonymous said...

That's great!

And, you're right, I guess. After I hit "Publish" I realized that I didn't add anything about RUF, or my kids' friends, or my extended family. That's ok, though. A little identity crisis is probably better than a big one. :-) And, I'm on my second cup of coffee so all is well.

JenniferB said...

:) I LOVE YOU TOO!!!! BTW I think I should have called before I filled out my march madness bracket...it's pitiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails