Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hit Men

I have had a request to put up pictures of the workman who are doing my bathroom. I am working on that.

The two men who are doing the work are my pest-control experts, house-painters, insulation putter-inners. They are Wade and Majale. They are hard working men. Wade is my pest-control expert so I see him every three months when he sprays my house. The two men have a handy-man business on the side of their pest control business. The work done on my house is done in the evenings and on the weekends.

On Tuesday Wade asked me to go to Home Depot to get a can light for John's shower and a medicine cabinet. So I go with my list of needing a can light that can fit between the joists and be used in the shower. It sounded Greek to me. I find a man with an orange apron and he helps me and seems really chatty. Now with my spine and my pain I don't do standing longer than 15 minutes well. I am trying to be patient as 'chatty cathy' keeps talking. I am moving to the aisle with the medicine cabinets and he is following me. He doesn't seem to know much more than I do but he did lift the box off the shelf. At that moment I stopped to really listen to what he is saying and I realize he is hitting on me. I was stunned. He was old. I mean really old. I had to walk away because I was in pain but also because I was speechless.

I was still stunned when I got home. I told Carl, Marisa and Kaitlin. They all died laughing. When I told Wade, he smiled and then in his good ole boy Arkansas drawl he said" Now Miss Monroe, some women like that stuff" I assurded him I am not one of them.

I don't plan to go back to Home Depot without my man with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails