Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, March 17, 2008

On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness

I was introduced to Andrew Peterson's music by my son Andrew. He has seen Andrew Peterson several times in concert. My Andrew also sent me several times to AP's blog so that now it has a link on mine. I tip my hat to my Andrew for giving me this opportunity to review AP's book.


For me reading a book is much more than just the words on the page.


One of the first things I do is write my name in a book. On the first page of On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness is a page that says This book is in the care of___________. Way cool.


I knew this book was fantasy and I wondered how I would keep up with where everyone was and where they had been or were going. I was thrilled to find a wonderful map so that I could follow them.


The chapters are short. This is great for reading aloud.


This book has the very clever footnotes. I loved turning to a page that had one or two.

And now for the summary: In the land of Skee we meet three children, Janner, his younger brother, Tink and their little sister Leeli. They live with their mama and granddad. We learn early on of the war and the occupation of the their town. Gnag the Nameless seeks the Lost Jewels of a mysterious King. The three children and their dog, Nugget, soon through an innocent game ,become involved in the hunt. The more they learn the more they know they must escape. They find friends that are faithful and some that are not. I laughed and cried. I was so nervous through some parts. I LOVED the ending.

I had trouble putting the book down. I can't wait for the next one.

If you want to buy the book here is the link www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1400073847

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails