Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, March 31, 2008

A Mama's heart

Kaitlin is sick. She got the sickness from her cousins. She had a glorious spring break with them but they shared their "grunge" with her. Stuffy nose, fever, ear ache. When she flew home her ear caused her terrible pain. That was Saturday. We treated her symptoms and she was feeling a little better. She got in the bed with Carl and me at 4 something this morning. Her ear was hurting her so bad she couldn't sleep. As she lay in the bed next to me, I stroked her hair and told her I would call the doctor as soon as his office opened in the morning. I rubbed her back and told her I loved her and that she would feel better soon. We went to the doctor at 10:30. She has a double ear infection. She is now on antibiotic , a decongestant and pain medicine. She doesn't feel better yet but has high hopes for tomorrow.

My friend, Darrell, has a sister named Tina. Tina is 45. She has the mental capacity of a 3 year old. Tina has inoperable cancer. It is everywhere. When the oncologist saw her three weeks ago he gave her less than a week to live. Tina is in lots of pain. I have been praying for Darrell , Tina and their whole family. I have been praying for wisdom for the family, for peace, for Tina to go quickly without much pain. But this morning as I lay next to my precious girl who was in pain and I knew there was a pretty good chance that I could get help for my baby but that Tina's mama can't do that. And for Tina to not be in pain at all, she needs to be with Jesus. And as Glorious as that will be, on a practical note, how can a mama hold the desire to help her baby and the knowledge that she needs to let her go at the same time in her mind and heart. My heart just broke. My prayers tonight will be verses of Scripture because I have no words. I know He will give grace to Tina and Darrell and to their whole family tonight and forever.
The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for Tina and her family. God bless and help them and give them the deepest comfort. And hug Kaitlin for me and tell her I will pray that she feels better very soon.
Kathy B

Annie said...

Thank you for that insight Ellen. I will be in prayer as well. Tell Kaitlin I hope she feels better. Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails