Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Rose by Any Other Name...

A few months ago our church building was struck by lightning. It did something to the sound system. It has taken several tries to figure out just what was done and now how to fix it.

This past week, on Wednesday, there was a meeting with several men who are trying to find and fix the problem. After much discussion, Carl thought a good idea would be to bring in UPS. One of the men, Bryan, told me he had no idea why Carl thought the United Postal Services could help but what did he know. Bryan went to Carl's office to bring UPS to the church. He was stunned when he saw it. It is an Uninterruptible Power Source. A giant surge protector with a battery. This one was about the size of a toaster oven. These are used to protect computers. They have a battery back up so that when the power goes off, you can still shut down your computer and not lose all your data.

Said UPS was needed at the church and Carl had to go back to work. When the men were finished with it they brought it to me in the kitchen. I put it by my purse and planned to take it home after the Wednesday meal was over.

At four that day, Kaitlin and Marisa drove to Conway to see John play flag football. They planned to stay after the game and go with John and his friends to Starbucks. Carl had a meeting that night at church. I went home after I was finished and I took the UPS with me. I sent a text message to all my people as I was leaving. I wanted to send the same message to Kaitlin, Marisa and Carl. I sent the following- headed home. I have the ups. love you. Carl sent one back that said" thanks" but Marisa sent back " I'm sorry". I was confused. I sent back " why?". She sent "your sick" I sent "no, I'm not. why do you think so?" She sent" ha ha, tell you later" When they got home they were laughing. They thought I had been throwing up and I was using some new text lingo in just saying 'ups'.

I think if the day had been any longer we might have had a few more misunderstandings about the UPS.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails