Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What have you eaten today?

In my Bible reading I am in Ezekiel and some of the time as I am reading I am realizing I need to study more to even know what I am reading! I read this yesterday on Ravi Zacharias' Slice of Infinity. I have a better picture in my mind now I need to live it out.

Other vivid and concrete images of incarnation occur in the lives of the Hebrew prophets. In the book of Ezekiel, the prophet is told “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll and go, speak to the house of Israel” (See Ezekiel 2:9-3:3). This scroll is not just any scroll. It is the book of the Law, the Scriptures, the teachings and the doctrines of belief that guided the nation in its worship of God. Ronald Rolheiser suggests a profound incarnational application for this image: “The idea is that they should digest the word and turn it into their own flesh so that people will be able to see the word of God in a living body rather than on a dead parchment....We have to digest something and turn it, physically, into the flesh of our own bodies so it becomes part of what we look like. If we would do this with the word of God, others would not have to [only] read the Bible to see what God is like, they would need only to look at our faces and our lives to see God.”(1)
r
The title of the article is Incarnation Application. You can go here http://www.rzim.org/slice/slice.php. and read the rest. I subscribe to this web site and get a new one everyday. It causes me to ponder.

1 comment:

fgpuckett said...

Unfortunately, I have not eaten much of the Bible today... just a couple of chapters this morning while getting dressed. Your blog makes me ponder and vow to do better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails