Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I shall use duck tape please!

Last night at church a friend told the nicest story of the visit she had had during supper. She told of the things she had learned about the economy from the conversation. I should have just smiled and nodded but nooooo I had to jump in and tell about how great my knowledge of this subject is and how I read the Wall Street Journal... When I looked back at my friend, I expected to see a look of admiration in her eyes about how great I am and instead it was maybe pity or even better 'bless Ellen's heart here she goes again blowing her own horn '

Am I ever going to learn to just shut up and listen? Why do I feel the need to let everyone know just how wonderful I think I am? When I replay the conversation in my head it makes me sick to my stomach.

Today I hope I have the courage to go to my friend and ask her forgiveness for being such a jerk and then I am going to put tape on my mouth. I know I need to have my heart cleaned and I am praying it will be a gentle cleaning but I know I need bleach and a scouring pad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord, it's hard to be humble when i'm doing the best that i can. who sang that?

sorry for your blunder dear ellen and i can relate. open mouth, insert leg? i pray whoever she is, she will accept your humble apology for whatever you think you may have done to hurt or harm.

you know what i hate? i hate that time waiting for things to be resolved betwixt me and another person when there's conflict of any kind. it's torturous. so hurry and do it as soon as you can if you haven't done it already!

Emily Anne Russ said...

I love you honesty! And I think we have all been there; replaying something in our heads and kicking ourselves. I've been there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails