Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

What am I glazing over today?

Kaitlin is taking ceramics this semester. This first bowl is one she made from left-over clay. She likes all things fun sized.
The two bigger bowls were 'thrown' on a wheel. Kaitlin's class is just learning 'hand building' she will have to take another class to learn how to 'throw'. She bought the 'thrown' bowls at the 'mug' sale at school. She likes the glazes and the shapes.

I was working on my Bible Study when she got home from the sale. As she was showing me her finds, it reminded me of a verse that I had just read. Proverbs 26: 23 Like a coating of glaze over earthenware are fervent lips with an evil heart. Kaitlin said that glazing covers the imperfections in the clay. She said that the clay is a nasty brown, it smells bad and has a gritty feel. So the glaze really covers up a lot.
I looked up 'potter' in the concordance. Here is a wonderful verse I found. Isaiah 64:8 Yet, O LORD, you are the Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bowls! I love them.

Also I love Is.64:8
One of my favorite passages ever.

Anonymous said...

this post evokes so many trains of thots!

kaitlin said the pot, before glazing, is:" nasty brown, it smells bad and has a gritty feel. so the glaze really covers up a lot."

didn't know there was a verse making the glaze/earthenware fervent lips/evil heart connection. ooooh, scary. such deception going on. dark masquerading as light.

what grace that He opened our eyes/hearts to the knowledge that we're nasty brown, smelly and gritty but that His Son's blood is the glaze covering our "imperfections in the clay," as kaitlin said. as only THE Potter could do. praise Him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails